Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 2 Report

"Kindergarten is AWESOME!!"

Another half-day of school and Ben's first afternoon in after-school care. He'd been nervous about it, but had a great time. The new PE teacher is the after-school co-director, so they got to do races and play soccer in the gym this afternoon. Ben was happily playing a computer game in the lab when I arrived to pick him up and the director said he'd had a great day.

Ben was also very proud of himself for doing well at what he labeled Mass, but sounded more like a short religion class where the priest said some prayers and they practiced where to sit. "I came in quietly and I sat really still and quiet. It was the best, best, best I've ever done at church!" He got to meet his 8th grade buddy, who will sit with him at regular weekly Masses (tomorrow is the first), and also told us he has a new friend in his kindergarten class.

Tomorrow is another half-day, but I'll be able to pick him up at dismissal. He told me this morning, "Mommy, you can choose where we go to eat, because you hardly ever get the chance to choose." I'm not sure if this was in greater part a) sweet or b) trying to con me into taking him out to lunch without my noticing it wasn't my original plan!

No comments: