Okay, she's six-and-a-half months old by now, but close enough!
Her pediatrician's appointment went very well. The doctor saw outlines of her two top teeth but says it could still be weeks before they poke through. She continues to drool through several bibs a day, but she's been doing that for a few months.
Her stats were:
Length: 27 1/4" (90th percentile)
Weight: 16 lbs, 6 oz. (52nd percentile)
Head circumference: 43 cm (61st percentile)
At six-and-a-half months, Elizabeth:
- Can army crawl from one room to another
- Likes rocking back and forth on her hands and knees
- Will try to chew on shoelaces and backpack straps if we're not watching out
- Still loves watching every move her brother makes and laughs when he chatters to her in a very high-pitched voice
- Has tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, green beans, and applesauce. Not quite sure on green beans yet but likes the rest. Sometimes she gets so excited, she rocks back and forth and it makes it tricky to get the next bite in her mouth instead of up her nose or on her cheek!
- Still likes chewing on the spoon just as much as actually getting food some days.
- Has been getting a lot of extra baths since starting solids!
- Has not been napping as well during the day since we got back from our trip to Michigan and Ohio. She's been falling asleep around 8 or 9 p.m. instead.
- Likes chomping on all of her toys, including her new Sophie the Giraffe from Tony, Jen & cousin Gwen
- Loves to smile and laugh
- Is starting to get separation anxiety and has started crying when we leave the room, though she's still good at daycare drop-off
- Is getting steadier at sitting up
- Straightens her legs and sticks her bottom up in the air as if trying to figure out how to crawl the regular way
- Loves crinkly things like paper. Her favorite thing about the pediatrician's office was the paper on the exam table, which she had shredded and crumpled by the time we left.