Sunday, March 23, 2014

Let's Go, Flyers!


Elizabeth and I got decked out in our Dayton Flyers gear to cheer on the Flyers as they played the Syracuse Orange in the second round of the NCAA tournament. None of us got to watch the first game (60-59 win over OSU) live, since it was Thursday afternoon, so we were excited to watch their second game.

Ben has outgrown his Flyers shirt but was a more attentive cheerleader than Elizabeth, who watched a little bit, asked me to read Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and by about pg. 7 returned to her previous activity of sliding head-first off the furniture. The kids went to bed at halftime but I recorded the game for Ben, although I'm not sure I can stand to watch the nail-biting ending again as the Flyers won 55-53! I'm hoping the Dayton women's team wins by a slightly wider margin today so that the blood pressures of the entire Flyer Nation don't skyrocket for the 3rd time in 4 days!

No comments: